Welcome to IGCC
The Lucille W. Gorham Inter-Generational Community Center (IGCC) was founded with the purpose of providing quality services that empower positive changes across generations- regardless of age, race, creed, religion, economic status, or educational level. We provide services in the area of education, health and wellness, community engagement, partnership, resources, and economic development.
We hope to:
- Promote independence and self-sufficiency among the residents of West Greenville and Pitt County
- Enrich living and social conditions
- Increase economic development and community involvement
- Improve and advocate educational opportunities
- Stimulate health awareness and provide outreach networks
- IGCC has already made a significant difference in the community with our support and presence.
What’s Happening @IGCC
If you know any parents in need of an After School program please pass the information on!
East Carolina University Students from the College of Engineering and Technology (CET) in partnership with the Energy 2 Educate grant from Constellation will work to implement renewable energy sources and storage systems at the Lucille W. Gorham Intergenerational Community Center (IGCC) to create a sustainable net zero energy community. The students will partner with IGCC to study and analyze the facility and equipment, in order to conduct an energy audit and analysis. The analysis conducted by the students will be used to calculate the total energy consumption and the rate of energy consumption of the center per day and per month. The students will then deploy portable, renewable energy resources and storage devices to meet the IGCC’s needs. The students will conduct tests on the deployed system and make improvements as needed.
- Students will be able to implement renewable energy and associated systems for the betterment of society, the environment, and preservation of natural resources.
- The students will be able to plan, design, construct, and test a renewable energy system.
- The students will be able to present, describe, and educate society on the long term commercial and social benefits of renewable energy and associated systems.
- Educate and inspire students on the significance and societal benefits of sustainability and renewable energy in the preservation of environment and natural resources.
- Instill in students the creativity in developing solutions and team collaboration.
- Equip the students with the knowledge to plan, design, construct, and test a renewable energy system.
- Inspire and motivate students to pursue careers in the area of renewable energy.
- Inspire students on the long lasting benefits of renewable energy and its impact on commerce and economic development.
This program is a great opportunity for our youth it not only provides them with tutoring it helps build their confidence that they need to help them develop their natural gifts. –Coletta Keepingitreal Sharpe
This a great place I’ve been to they have great teachers and staff. –Tyheim.c